Skip to content
What would be needed practically?
- The hospital would need to identify a member of staff (ideally clinical) who agrees to be the Link Person with the Emerge project. This is a key role in helping the project embed, to dovetail with A&E and paediatric admission processes, resolve practical issues, to raise the profile of the project and make connections with other key staff.
- The Link Person would then draw together other key staff members to form an Advisory Group, who would meet with Emerge monthly during the project set up phase and for a period post-launch before reducing to bi-monthly. This group’s function would be to support the project to dovetail with hospital procedures and pathways, to approve policies and procedures sending these to relevant colleagues for sign off when necessary, and to guide and facilitate the effective setup and running of the work.
- The Emerge team members need to be authorised to be on-site and have ID etc. This can be done through the hospital volunteering office.
- A space for secure storage for Emerge paperwork would need to be provided within the hospital site.
- Approval would need to be given for Emerge’s publicity to be displayed in relevant areas.